Ever wondered what to do with all your files that people email you, or you find on your smartphone? Store them in File Store+, and you will always have access to them, at your fingertips, easily search for them, and delete when you are finished with them. What could be easier?
And yes, this place really exists. See it here.
Yes, another clone for 2048 is out now, this time with slightly nicer graphics. Get it while you can, Game of Double on the iOS app store.
The most gorgeous version of the World Factbook yet, with even more data and facts, more than you could ever want to know. But you will know them, if you have this factbook on your device. Get the Big World Factbook right now!
With more countries, more cities, and more facts than any other application.
The Big Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities. Our Reference tab includes: maps of the major world regions, as well as Flags of the World, a Physical Map of the World, a Political Map of the World, a World Oceans map, and a Standard Time Zones of the World map.
The Big Factbook is prepared by the us here at rw for the use of government officials, and its style, format, coverage, and content are primarily designed to meet their requirements. However, it is frequently used as a resource for academic research papers and news article.
UNIQUE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- WhatFix (LINK) – Create website walkthroughs of your website or other websites to create interactive tutorials. You can even embed them into websites. Free unless you want to use the enterprise edition but it isn’t necessary at all. WhatFix is more than just a walkthrough. With just 5 mins effort you can create an interactive guide, which can be used as walkthrough inside your application, and can also be added as slideshow, video or an article to power your knowledge base/ support pages.Redditor built. (Example: Create a walkthrough of how to attach mail to gmail email and send it.)
- NinjaMock (LINK) – Free mockup tool for non-companies for mobile apps, websites, and more.
- Justworks (LINK) – FREE 1099 filing service for contractors. Great HR outsourcing abilities here.
- Harbor Compliance (LINK) – Free state by state information for setting up your business to be legally compliant from the start. Even has non-profit startup information to reduce your failure rate.
- HARO (Help A Reporter Out) (LINK) – Free press release service. Owned by vocus who also owns PRWeb.com
- Uservoice (LINK) – Free for a year for startups. This platform allows you to gain massive insight into your website visitors minds by gathering feedback through different widgets. You can even learn what to write next using it. NOTE: you have to be in one of the approved programs and qualify with other things as well. See more on the linked page. Even without this program they do offer a wonderful free solution to more than just startups. See that here: LINK
- Zapier (LINK) – Gives you the ability to connect different apps together such as Paypal with Mailing services or Gmail with Evernote. They have a massive collection of apps that can be connected together. Their free teir should give you a really great idea how powerful it is. (suggested by /u/Nebojsac – here)
- LaunchRock (LINK) – Great landing page for startups to use to do prelaunches for their products or services or websites. Slick, powerful, and flexible. Best part is it is free. (suggested by /u/GRANITO – here)
CLOUD FILE STORAGE
- Dropbox (LINK) – Free storage for all kinds of files and allows for syncing with your folders. Shareable files and folders as well with links you can give to people. You can also create groups of people able to edit the folders contents if you have a team or something.
- Google Drive (LINK) – Drive starts you with 15 GB of free Google storage, so you can keep pictures, stories, designs, drawings, recordings, videos – anything. Attaches easily to your Google email account. It also has many apps that can be installed to it. There are many office type tools there by default such as form creation and entry collection, excel type files, etc. It is able to be upgraded to 16TB if you really want to.
- Solo (LINK) – Free project management program for freelancers. Redditor built.
- Asana (LINK) – Great free collaborative task manager I’ve tried. Useful for bug submissions too. (suggested by /u/BongHitta – here)
- Trello (LINK) – is simple card + list based project management. (suggested by /u/jonadair – here)
APP AND WEB DEVELOPMENT
- Parse (LINK) – The complete mobile app platform. Focus on creating unique & engaging apps on any platform. We take care of everything else your app needs, from the core of your app to analytics and push notifications. Owned by Facebook. Free plan covers: Requests 1 million/month | Pushes 1 million/month | Burst Limit 20/second
- Github Pages (LINK) – is decent free hosting for static websites. (suggested by /u/jonadair – here)
- Bitbucket (LINK) – offers free source code control hosting (git or mercurial) for up to 5 users and unlimited private repositories. (suggested by /u/jonadair – here)
- Heroku (LINK) – Heroku provides you with all the tools you need to iterate quickly, and adopt the right technologies for your project. Build modern, maintainable apps and more. Lots of free add-ons too. (suggested by /u/OHotDawnThisIsMyJawn – here)
- New Relic (LINK) – Web and Mobile App testing done right. New Relic is a Software Analytics company that makes sense of billions of metrics across millions of apps. We help the people who build modern software understand the stories their data is trying to tell them. (suggested by /u/ADHD7 – here)
- OnCheckin (LINK) – Allows you to get Continuous Deployment setup with automated unit testing etc. for one ASP.Net website. (suggested by /u/dougrathbone – here)
- Designmodo (LINK) – Refer to this in “unique products and services” section.
- NinjaMock (LINK) – Refer to this in “unique products and services” section.
- LaunchRock (LINK) – Refer to this in “unique products and services” section.
- Rackspace (LINK | reference post | Developer discount link) – Free server space for a year for startups. NOTE: Some have said it requires being a part of an accelerator or something similar. Make sure to look into that. If anyone finds more on this, link to it please.
- AWS Free Tier (LINK | Provisions to be aware of) – Amazon has a wonderful platform that is scalable and can do quite a bit. They give you 12 free months of usage. Be aware of the provisions in the offer because if you don’t, you will be paying a lot after the time is up and if your business doesn’t need it or can pay it with profits, this is good information to be aware of. (suggested by /u/littledub – here)
- Nitrous.io (LINK) – Is a nice alternative to AWS if you’re just throwing something together and they have a free tier as well that’s really convenient for setting up a box (with Rails, Node, PHP, or Go) and getting something tested immediately. (suggested by /u/actx – here)
- SoftLayer (LINK) – Offers cloud, ded