If you’re worried here are a few tips.
- ALWAYS have your Oyster card ready when you’re approaching the barriers or we will tut
- When the barriers open, move swiftly through, or we will tut (helps to have an irrational fear that the doors with shut on you. Gets you moving along quicker
- If the barrier says “seek assistance” either try again or move out of the way as quickly as possible, or we will tut.
- Don’t take forever at the machine to top up your oyster, or we will tut.
And just for some general advice
- When you get on the platform, move down. Don’t just stand in the doorway, or we will tut.
- when you exit a train, move quickly out the way (preferably towards the wall if you’re not sure where you should be going), or we will tut
- Do not press the buttons on the tube or we’ll sniff you out as a non-native
- Know your route before you get in the station. Don’t be that person standing in the way while you study the tube map. The tutting will deafen you!